CAREERS AT ALPERT JFS
Since 1974, Alpert Jewish Family Service, an accredited 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, has strengthened and enriched the lives of men, women and children of all ages. We do this through a continuum of focused programs addressing the well-being of children and families of all ages, the independence and well-being of older adults, and the optimal quality of life for individuals with special needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
JOB DEVELOPER/HR RECRUITER – PART TIME
Alpert Jewish Family Service (AJFS), an accredited non-profit organization is currently looking for a Job Developer/HR Recruiter to help make connections with employers to help connect our seeking employment. In addition, this position will also assist the HR department with job posting and sourcing candidates for internal positions.
As the Job Developer, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build strategic connections with employers, area businesses, and agencies to encourage their use of JCCS employment-related services including but not limited to job posting, participating in networking events, and training
- Attend area networking and business events to build departmental and agency network of participating businesses
- Market JVS business-related services such as HR Solutions Group and eCO as appropriate
- Complete data entry of job information into a database and maintain database systems as necessary for job postings
- Maintain updated contact information for partnering employers in the database
- Use contacts and other resources to seek appropriate connections for job seekers for informational interviews, job openings, and mentoring
- Utilize placement and job development techniques to develop employment opportunities consistent with participants’ interest and abilities
- Maintain a database of community members willing to be available for mentorship and informational interviews
- Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position
- Schedule phone, video and in-person interviews for Recruiters and Hiring Managers
As the HR Recruiter, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with creating, updating, and posting job descriptions
- Review resumes and credentials for skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Manages the scheduling of interviews
- Track recruiting activities and provide candidate status in a weekly report
- Assist with the On-boarding process: New Hire Orientation, IT Requests, New Hire paperwork
- Create, update and maintain metrics and hiring analytics – including Time to Fill goals, hiring ratios, market analysis, and data analysis to support recruitment return on investment
- Ensure candidates complete applications,
- Suggest creative means to attract top-quality talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least five years of managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Alpert JFS is looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to work directly with the CEO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to strategic planning, budget management, cost-benefit analysis, and forecasting needs. This position will be responsible for the development of standard accounting, analysis and reporting procedures, and for the exercise of overall financial control.
- Responsible for fiscal analysis, strategic financial planning, budgeting and forecasting activities, as well as overseeing investing and financing
- Formulates and recommends policies on banking, receipt, and disbursement of funds, extension of credit, fiscal and accounting matters. Oversees cash management and investments. Coordinates investment activities with the committee and external investment advisor; monitors investments held by foundations
- Responsible for ensuring that all finance and work with the Risk Manager to ensure all risk management plans/policies are up-to-date and the organization is in compliance with those policies. Coordinates the purchase of commercial insurance
- Directs all budget and financial planning, reporting, and forecasting. Work with program staff to understand, utilize and adjust budgets as needed, manage costs to achieve the organization’s financial goals. With the CEO and Development Director, plans organizational fundraising revenue goals
- Creates and monitors program services long-range financial plans. Prepares financial analysis and cost/benefit analysis to assist program directors in long-range planning
- Reviews and makes recommendations on proposals, RFP’s and financial statements
- Acts as a liaison to the board of directors and Board committees including Budget and Finance, Audit, 401(k) Oversight, and Investment committees. Prepares committee agendas and provides relevant synthesized information promptly. Fosters good relationships with Board Chair, Treasurer and other committee members
- Leads annual audit preparations and manage the ongoing relationship with auditors to ensure compliance with all regulatory and GAAP requirements. Prepares audited financial statements, footnotes, and information for the Form 990 preparation. Coordinates the selection of the external audit firm with the Audit Committee
- File all reports necessary to comply with laws and regulations for reporting and audits of recipients of public funds
- Supervises accounting staff, insuring ongoing training and accuracy
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA preferred
- 7+ plus years of progressively responsible management experience in accounting/finance preferably including strategy for a large non-profit
- Proven experience with managing staff, outside vendors, budgeting, audits, financial analysis, and planning a must
- Prior work with a board of directors preferred
- Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to evaluate systems for efficiencies and implement improvements
- Extensive knowledge of computer software applications, including accounting software programs
- Ability to analyze complex financial data, propose viable solutions, and design necessary system
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
Alpert Jewish Family Service (AJFS), an accredited non-profit organization has an opportunity for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our accounting team in West Palm Beach.
- Verify client insurance (VOB’s) and update billing information to ensure accurate billing
- Prepare monthly client and insurance billing and mail bills
- Record cash receipts items (payments) into the accounting system
- Make adjustments on client accounts when needed
- Respond to billing inquiries in a timely manner and assist clients and family members to understand their bills
- Run insurance reports, review aging for past due amounts, and make collection calls for self-pay clients
- Work with the Electronic Health Records Coordinator as needed
- Process credit card payments for client accounts
- Record payments made in other locations
- Run client bills as requested reports according to the billing cycle
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years accounts receivable experience
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality of privileged information
- Problem solving and analytical ability to work with detailed financial data
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with various employees throughout the organization
- Maintain adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements
- Ability to effectively and professionally work with other personnel inside the agency
- Availability to work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for meeting all performance requirements and work deadlines
DIRECT CARE STAFF
Levine Jewish Residential & Family Service (LJRFS) is currently looking for dependable Direct Care staff to work in our Group Homes (West Palm/Royal Palm) supporting adults with special needs.
Assist with grooming, personal hygiene, socialization, meal preparation, and other activities of daily living. The position also includes transportation to and from doctor appointments and activities.
One-year experience, valid Florida Driver’s License/good driving record, high school diploma or GED required. Able to pass DOT physical and full background check. Flexible to work days, nights (may include some overnights), weekends, and holidays.
Paid Volunteer/AmeriCorps Member
Are you retired and looking to give back? Do you see yourself providing virtual and/or in-home support and socialization to seniors in the community? If so, Alpert JFS is seeking companions to help seniors in the West Palm Beach area as part of a federally funded AmeriCorps Program. Receive $211/mo plus mileage (no weekends). Earn $1,600 educational voucher, transferable to family members. Year round FL resident Comfortable with technology preferred. Call Kathryn 561-238-0288. Training begins Sept. 14, 2020. EOE, Drug free workplace.
PSYCHIATRIST – Part Time
Alpert Jewish Family Service is seeking a Part Time Psychiatrist, interested in making a positive contribution to their local community, to join our busy, interdisciplinary, community based mental health team with locations in West Palm Beach, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens. If you are interested in the flexibility to create your own schedule, work with an expert team, and be a part of a true community practice, please submit your resume or call 561-238-0261.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans