CAREERS AT ALPERT JFS
Since 1974, Alpert Jewish Family Service, an accredited 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, has strengthened and enriched the lives of men, women and children of all ages. We do this through a continuum of focused programs addressing the well-being of children and families of all ages, the independence and well-being of older adults, and the optimal quality of life for individuals with special needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
GERIATRIC CARE MANAGER (SOCIAL WORKER)
Do you enjoy working with older adults? Our Social Workers – Care Managers assist individuals and families in maintaining and/or improving their independence, level of functioning and quality of life by providing for and/or arranging for an array of social services.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform bio-psychosocial assessments including analysis of & independent judgment in the areas of physical functioning, psychological/emotional functioning, mental status, activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, social functioning, nutrition, & environment. These assessments help determine the client’s needs & are performed in client’s home setting.
- At one’s discretion, develop service plans based on assessment to meet client’s needs & to establish a working relationship.
- Independently refer for & coordinate needed services internally & externally. Advocate to meet client’s needs. Consult & collaborate with other professionals & service providers to assure comprehensive care.
- Counsel & support clients families & significant others to maximize their well-being.
- Monitor the ongoing needs of clients through telephone & face-to-face interaction in order to independently evaluate the treatment process.
- Document all activity & maintain case records to meet quality standards.
- Analyze & respond to emergencies/crises to maintain quality care.
- Maintain caseload size as required by the agency to meet professional goals.
- Facilitate support/therapeutic groups to encourage group self help.
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner for care continuity.
- Coordinate all internal referrals to other agency programs
- Conduct initial telephone inquires (TI’s) and complete all appropriate paperwork
Alpert Jewish Family Service, a not-for-profit organization located in West Palm Beach, is currently in need of a self-motivated, customer service oriented Network/Desktop Administrator to support our main office staff and four remote locations in Palm Beach County.
The Network / Desktop Administrator is responsible for providing end user support to all Staff. This individual shall be detail-oriented, results driven, flexible and able to perform duties in high-pressure situations. The Network / Desktop Administrator shall have an extensive knowledge of industry standards related to PC hardware/software environments and demonstrate an intermediate to advanced understanding of networking, including printing, file storage and desktop business applications as well as end user mobile devices. Good communication skills both verbal and written.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer service calls in a courteous and professional manner to solicit favorable responses and experiences in dealing with agency staff.
- Handle all support calls and coordinate problem calls with the IT Director.
- Respond to service tickets in a timely manner, keeping End Users informed of ticket status and progress.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers as well as executive staff to clarify and inform staff of PC-related issues, software errors and answer general questions enabling staff to perform their duties.
- Ability to train staff on the use of Microsoft Office 2016 and other agency systems.
- Manage service tickets in an organized manner to ensure accuracy.
- Provide service and usage reports as requested.
- Properly document all service tickets including initiating communication with End Users and detailing Resolutions before closing tickets.
- Diagnose End User hardware/software problems and provide solutions to remedy the issues.
- Perform OS and software installations/upgrades using automated systems.
- Independently troubleshoot printer problems, security-related concerns, networking and connectivity issues, device driver selection and installations.
- Provide PC and peripheral parts requirements, acquisition support and installations satisfying end user computing needs.
- Provide research and recommendations for improvements and opportunities.
- Maintain equipment inventory records/equipment replacement schedule.
- Provide assistance and backup to the IT Director as needed.
- Manage and monitor the server backups and network monitoring systems.
- Manage all aspects of the desktop lifecycle including software and OS updates and system upgrades.
- Assist with new server installations and network updates.
- Manage Endpoint protection, Anti-Spam Filters and email Encryption systems.
- Perform other server non-OS services such as Activity Directory, Email, user accounts and permissions.
- Assist in other IT activities as required by the IT Director to meet directives and customer expectations.
- Associates degree from two-year College or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with all aspects of Windows 7 and 10, PC administration, and Outlook/Exchange 2016 email system support in both physical and virtual environments.
- Comp TIA A+ Certification with 3-5 years of applied experience preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Window PC and VMware environments and server services. Capable of developing PC-related standards, procedures and processes.
Preferred but not required experience:
Exchange 2016, MS SQL Server, Linux, M-Files document management system, , WatchGuard Firewall, ESET Endpoint Protection, Skype for Business, Manage Engine ADManager, ESI Phone Systems.
Alpert Jewish Family Service (Alpert JFS), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to be responsible for carrying out the various accounting tasks of the Agency. The Accounting Manager will report to the CFO/CEO and directly supervise all of the accounting personnel in their daily tasks.
- Presents financial information and financial and administrative business recommendations to the CFO/Interim CEO and Executive Team.
- Prepares and reviews monthly financial statements.
- Prepares for and assists with audits.
- Ensures that internal controls within the Accounting Department are in place and being followed.
- Oversees the reporting and internal accounting records of the organization, including general ledger maintenance, journal entries, balance sheet and expense statements
- Oversees cash receipts, cash disbursements and banking.
- Monitors and assists with grant submissions and reporting.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes as needed.
- Assists with special projects as deemed necessary by the CFO/Interim CEO.
- Reviews weekly cash reports.
- Manages the daily Accounting Department operations and administrative functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and insurance verification/billing.
- Train, develop, and mentor accounting staff.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5 – 7 years’ accounting experience with increasing responsibility; experience in finance for non-profit organization preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and the ability to create ad hoc tracking tools, custom designed reports and pivot-tables is essential.
- Strong financial reporting and analysis experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and tax knowledge.
- Strong planning and organization skills and understanding of the importance of deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
DONOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Alpert Jewish Family Service (Alpert JFS) is looking for a Donor Database Administrator to oversee the day to day and long-term operations of all aspects of the Agency’s fundraising database and assure its quality, consistency, and accuracy. This position is responsible for data integrity, improvement, analysis, research, staff training, and payment portal management to maximize fundraising revenue.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the overall database integrity and quality, including routine data improvement, data auditing, systems checks, and database functions.
- Does analysis as required to advance fundraising campaigns.
- Provide staff training, support, and feedback on data entry and reporting for all database users, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain queries/exports for direct appeals, email campaigns, publications, events, and ad hoc projects.
- Collaborate with team members to track and report on fundraising progress and donor trends.
- Identify opportunities for systems integration to improve data quality, reduce data entry, and increase cross-departmental collaboration.
- Ensure the ethical and confidential use of donor and prospect information, as is consistent with the standards of the Agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent of direct experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in database management
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and Word) and the demonstrated ability to learn other software programs.
- A successful candidate will have enthusiasm, creativity, and strong organization skills as well as a sense of self-direction and follow through.
- Strong written and verbal communication with attention to detail and a high level of organization is required.
- Self-driven with the ability to work well in a team setting, as well as unsupervised.
- The ability to work with people from different backgrounds is essential.
Alpert Jewish Family Service (Alpert JFS) is seeking an experienced and committed Development Officer to join the agency’s dynamic and fast-paced Development department. We are in search of a full-time Development Officer to be responsible for the expansion of individual, corporate and foundation fundraising efforts, to attract new donors and enhance support from existing donors.
- Actively manage a portfolio of current and potential donors
- Through research and best practices, identify, cultivate and solicit individuals for general operating support, program support and endowment, rooted in our organizational case for support
- Prepare proposals, solicitation letters and stewardship reports
- Train, manage and motivate volunteers to achieve objectives
- Provide professional staffing for all agency event committee meetings
- Prospect, cultivate, and develop solicitation strategies
- Solicit in-kind donations
- Collaborates with Chief Development Officer, members of the board, and fundraising volunteers to improve agency fundraising
- Evaluate events and make recommendations to improve outcomes
- Participate as a member of the agency’s development team to effectively market and promote the agency’s events and services
- Such other duties or tasks to assist the department or organization as the supervisor may deem necessary.
- Eligible driving record
- Valid FL driver’s license
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising/donor relations
- Demonstrated track record of successfully closing personal solicitations and meeting and exceeding fundraising goals; and working successfully with Boards and Committees on peer to peer solicitation strategy and implementation.
- S/he will have a demonstrated capacity to develop and nurture long-term relationships between organizations and donors culminating in success of mission advancement goals.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to serve as an advocate/spokesperson for the organization and successfully tailor communications to audiences.
- Possess strong collaboration skills, with the ability to accept feedback and provide coaching and support to others in order to ensure the fulfillment of the Agency’s mission.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and overcome obstacles to success.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite products.
Alpert Jewish Family Service is seeking a Part Time Psychiatrist, interested in making a positive contribution to their local community, to join our busy, interdisciplinary, community based mental health team with locations in West Palm Beach, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens. If you are interested in the flexibility to create your own schedule, work with an expert team, and be a part of a true community practice, please submit your resume or call 561-238-0261.
DIRECT CARE STAFF
Levine Jewish Residential & Family Service (Levine JRFS) is currently looking for dependable Direct Care staff to work in our Independent Living Program (Palm Beach Gardens) supporting adults with special needs.
Provide assistance with grooming, personal hygiene, socialization, meal preparation and other activities of daily living. Also includes transportation to and from doctor appointments and activities.
A minimum of one year of similar experience is required (Group Home experience helpful), valid Florida Driver’s License/good driving record required; high school diploma or GED required; ability to pass DOT physical and level II background check. Flexible to work days, nights (may include some overnights), weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans