CAREERS AT ALPERT JFS
Since 1974, Alpert Jewish Family Service, an accredited 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, has strengthened and enriched the lives of men, women and children of all ages. We do this through a continuum of focused programs addressing the well-being of children and families of all ages, the independence and well-being of older adults, and the optimal quality of life for individuals with special needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Alpert JFS is looking to hire a Chief Development Officer to be responsible for the strategic direction, development, organization, promotion, implementation, expansion and assessment of all philanthropic avenues to increase financial support and organizational awareness.
The Chief Development Officer manages all aspects of the agency’s fundraising plans, including major gifts, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, grants, sponsorships, planned giving, and special events. This position also ensures the effective design, development and implementation of the marketing, communications and public relations plans to build greater awareness of the Agency and its services. The Chief Development Officer works in close collaboration with the executive team, key volunteer leaders, and members of the development and program teams to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
Resource Development Strategic Planning
- Develops annual and long-term strategies to secure gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations and government to increase financial support.
- Structures and leads the development department to carry out a comprehensive financial development program to achieve the annual philanthropic goals of the organization.
- Develops performance measurements and monitors results.
- Keeps informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development as well as the general fields of management in the nonprofit sector; inform the CEO on current trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy making.
Board of Directors Relationship
- Works with the CEO and Fund Development Committee to ensure fulfillment of fund development goals; engages board members in the process and promotes optimum participation.
- Supports the Fund Development Committee, developing agendas for meetings to allow the committee to fulfill their responsibilities effectively; develops an annual fund raising calendar to cover all crucial development issues in a timely fashion.
- Proactively develops and drives the strategic process for identification, cultivation, and solicitation securing major gift contributions from individuals.
- Develops relationships and solicits key donors, working with the CEO and board members accountable for a portfolio of key prospects.
- Develops and implements comprehensive prospect research methodology to ensure adequate major gifts and other donor prospects to achieve fundraising goals.
- Develops revenue goals for the Fund Developments annual budget; participates in the overall development, implementation and monitoring of the Fund Developments annual budget, controlling expenditures within budget.
- Develops diverse funding sources tailored to the needs of the Club that will help attract, retain, and motivate donors.
- Plans, develops and implements Alpert JFS’s annual campaigns, providing direction and assistance to development staff, board members and other key volunteers.
- Working with the board-led Committees and Development staff, develops case statement and compelling collateral in conjunction with the annual campaign.
- Oversees and provides direction for Alpert JFS No Excuse for Abuse Annual Luncheon. Develops budget in accordance with annual revenue target and secure major corporate sponsorship partners.
- Working closely with Development Officers, develops and executes additional special events as necessary to meet fundraising goals.
Corporate and Foundation Relationships
- Serves as a public representative of the organization cultivating relationships with key corporate and foundation representatives to build awareness of and commitment to the Agency’s mission.
Grant and Contract Management
- Monitors and ensures grant goals are achieved in accordance with the fundraising plan.
Marketing and Communications
- In partnership with the Fund Development Committee and staff, leads the strategic development and implementation of an integrated marketing and communication plan that ensures consistency of messages to achieve major impact for resource development.
- Ensures that all donors are appropriately acknowledged and receive communication throughout the year to assure that donor stewardship is integrated into the culture of the Agency. Monitors and revises the donor stewardship calendar on a regular basis.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned.
- Essential Training
- Required CPR/First Aid training every 2 years
- Required annual training in Universal Precautions and pathogens
- Required training in assessing risk and coordinating services
- Required annual training in basic medical needs and problems of the service population.
- Understanding and participating in the Agency’s Performance and Quality Improvement framework, functions, and activities.
- BA/BS required
- 5-7 years of experience in fund development required
- 3–5 years of experience in Marketing/Communications required
- Experience working with a volunteer driven, community based organization preferred
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with potential funders, board members as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to design, implement and direct fundraising initiatives and achieve goals
- Experience in organizing donor and special events
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management and development systems and an ability to manage and track funding prospects and potential donors
- Demonstrated public speaking, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management
- Eligible Florida driver’s license and good driving record
- Proof of automobile insurance.
DIRECTOR OF VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP
Alpert Jewish Family Service (Alpert JFS) is seeking an experienced and committed Director of Volunteer Leadership to provide the vision and leadership necessary to support the core business strategy and mission of the Agency.
- Increase and track engagement and retention of volunteers.
- Outreach, independently to communities with potential volunteers and donors to the organization, to further increase opportunities to support the fundraising goals of the Agency.
- Work collaboratively with the senior managers of the Agency to ensure support systems are integrated with program development, fundraising and marketing, in order to reflect priorities and respond to the existing and anticipated volunteer needs.
- Oversee the development and coordination of volunteer campaigns and work with the Clinical Director to successfully place interested volunteers within the Agency.
- Develop relationships and work across department lines to create collaborative approaches to increasing volunteer participation.
- Understand the volunteer leadership challenges in general and develop strategies to overcome these challenges.
- Implement strategies to assist in developing the agility needed to meet the challenges of a changing external environment.
- Host Ambassador and Friendly Visitor meetings monthly or semi-monthly as needed.
- Develop outcome measures for a volunteer campaign or volunteer placements within the Agency as part of agency Performance Quality Improvement program.
- Develop a culture of volunteer leadership among volunteers and within the organization.
- Obtain, maintain and disseminate data dealing with current trends.
- Analyze and interpret data to clearly articulate the need for specific strategies
- BA or equivalent, or at least 5 years’ experience in community or non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation were necessary for success
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in customer service with high standards of timeliness and responsiveness
- Expert level of independent communication and persuasive skills to assist in selling vision, process and programs to help increase volunteers
- Use excellent platform skills and experience in order to make presentations to internal and external
- Eligible driving record
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Other Responsibilities as assigned.
CARE MANAGER (MSW) – HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Do you enjoy working with older adults? Alpert Jewish Family Service (AJFS) currently has an opening for a Care Manager within our Holocaust team. Our Care Managers assist individuals and families in maintaining and/or improving their independence, level of functioning and quality of life by providing for and/or arranging for an array of social services.
Our Holocaust Survivor’s Assistance Program is dedicated to easing the lives of survivors of the Shoah. Our internationally recognized professional staff has expertise in helping survivors to identify and address the unique social welfare, health care, and emotional needs of Jewish victims of the Nazi atrocities. You can trust our professionals to provide services with the utmost sensitivity and to honor the dignity of our survivors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing bio-psychosocial assessments including analysis of & independent judgment in the areas of physical functioning, psychological/emotional functioning, mental status, activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, social functioning, nutrition, and environment. Develop service plans, refer for and coordinate services, counsel and support clients’ families and monitor the ongoing needs of the clients.
MSW required; 2-5 years’ experience with geriatric and special populations. A valid Florida driver’s license is required for this position.
LCSW / THERAPIST – Part Time
If you are passionate about clinical work and are interested in being a part of a community-based organization, explore the opportunity to join our dynamic team of licensed professionals. Alpert Jewish Family Services (AJFS) offers an opportunity to be a part of a team environment while offering flexibility and autonomy.
AJFS is seeking a part-time licensed mental health clinician with experience in psychotherapy to provide direct service for Agency clients, including individuals, couples, groups and families. Experience working with children is required. MSW; valid license (LCSW) in State of Florida; ability to work afternoons and evenings also required.
Alpert Jewish Family Service is seeking a Part Time Psychiatrist, interested in making a positive contribution to their local community, to join our busy, interdisciplinary, community based mental health team with locations in West Palm Beach, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens. If you are interested in the flexibility to create your own schedule, work with an expert team, and be a part of a true community practice, please submit your resume or call 561-238-0261.
Levine Jewish Residential & Family Service (LJRFS) is currently looking for dependable Direct Care staff to work in our Group Homes (West Palm/Royal Palm) and Independent Living Program (Palm Beach Gardens) supporting adults with special needs.
Provide assistance with grooming, personal hygiene, socialization, meal preparation and other activities of daily living. Also includes transportation to and from doctor appointments and activities.
One-year experience, valid Florida Driver’s License/good driving record, high school diploma or GED required. Able to pass DOT physical and full background check. Flexible to work days, nights (may include some overnights), weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans