Psychological Testing Program
Alpert JFS offers a wide range of comprehensive psychological evaluations for children, teens, and adults.
Testing services that are offered include but are not limited to:
- Testing for Giftedness in Children
- Psychoeducational Evaluations (including evaluating for learning disabilities)
- Testing for ADHD
- Testing for Emotional Function
- The results and recommendations from the evaluations can be used in schools for educational planning, placement, and testing accommodations.
- Providers will be Doctoral Level Mental Health Professionals with advanced training in Psychometrics and Psychological Assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my child prepare/study for the tests?
No. There is no preparation for psychological testing. The best thing to do to prepare is ensure that you or your child gets a good night sleep the night before and had a good breakfast the day of testing.
How do I know that my child should come in for testing?
A good place to start is by having a conversation with your child’s teacher. The teacher’s may be able to identify if there are any specific strengths or weaknesses that need addressing. The testing will provide the information needed in order to provide your child with the appropriate accommodations to thrive academically.
What is the cost of an evaluation?
The costs vary depending on the type of testing required. Call 561-684-1991 for more information regarding the cost of our psychological testing services.
How will I find out the results and what will they mean?
Upon completion of the evaluation, a follow-up/feedback session will be scheduled to review and discuss all the results and recommendations.
Can I get a copy of my child’s test results?
Yes, at the feedback session you will be provided with a copy of the psychological evaluation. Included in the report will be the scores obtained from the tests in addition to recommendations based on the results.