LifePlanning™ for Persons with Disabilities
The Melvin J. & Claire Levine LifePlanning™ Program offers education, advocacy, consultation and emotional support to parents, siblings and caregivers of a family member with a disability. This program encourages and assists in planning for the future.
Alpert JFS is here to assist you in finding the resources your loved one with a disability may need, either within our agency or in the community. All LifePlanning™ programs and services are free of charge and confidentiality is fully protected.
The LifePlanning™ Program is a non-sectarian program that welcomes all faiths.
Contact us for more information:
Tami Lustig, LifePlanning™ Program Director
LifePlanning™ offers a free workshop series open to the public, covering topics such as properly planning ahead for when you are no longer able to be a caregiver, attaining benefits and ensuring a quality of life for your family member, including socialization, recreation and vocational opportunities.
Upcoming Virtual Workshop:
Finding Meaningful & Gainful Employment
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Featuring a representatives from:
Click HERE to register.
2020 LifePlanning™ Workshop Series Schedule:
Wednesday, Jan 15th: Boynton Beach
Tuesday, Jan 21st: West Palm Beach
Relationships, Boundaries and Online Safety
Wednesday, Feb 19th: Boynton Beach
Wednesday, Feb 26th: West Palm Beach
Legal Planning: Special Needs/Pooled Trusts, Guardianship and More
Wednesday, March 18th: Boynton Beach
Wednesday, March 25th: West Palm Beach
ABLE Act :Online Workshop
Monday, April 13th: Online
Caring for the Caregiver: Online Workshop
Tuesday, May 5th: Online
Education: Secondary Transition Services and Post-High School Options
(POSTPONED until further notice)
Home & Community Based Services: Online Workshop
Wednesday, July 29th: Online
Finding Meaningful & Gainful Employment: Online Workshop
Wednesday, October 14th: Online
Recreation, Socialization and Independence Skills
Tuesday, December 1st: Online
Life can often be overwhelming for parents, siblings and caregivers of a family member with a disability. Private consultations with a Master’s level social worker are available to discuss individual planning and support needs. Disabilities may include physical, intellectual, developmental, traumatic brain injuries and mental illness.
LifePlanning™ is part of the Alpert JFS Jewish Disabilities Network (JDN), which is a collaborative initiative of Jewish agencies, organizations and synagogues working together to create an inclusive and embracing Jewish community for people with disabilities of all ages and their families.
Other Alpert JFS Programs Related to LifePlanning™:
- JDN Social Programming offers different programs for all ages, ranging from families with young children to adults with disabilities.
- Levine JRFS Residential Program, our cutting edge residential program provides a continuum of services for those who may be developmentally disabled, significantly learning disabled, and/or chronically mentally ill.
- Alpert JFS Pooled Trust allows persons with a disability to place income and/or assets that are over government benefit limit requirements for Medicaid into the trust, so that they can qualify for much-needed government benefits.
- Alpert JFS Guardianship Program manages the affairs of court-mandated individuals who have been deemed unable to manage their own affairs.
- Alpert JFS Care Management Program consist of Alpert JFS credentialed professionals with extensive experience working with individuals with special needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a charge for this program?
No, this is a free program! The Melvin J. & Claire Levine LifePlanning™ Program is offered at no charge.
Is my confidentiality protected?
Yes. The individuals and families who are part of this program have their confidentiality protected. We do not publish names of attendees nor do we share contact or attendee information with any outside entities.
Do I have to be Jewish to participate in this program?
No! Our agency welcomes all faiths. We receive funding from various sources which allow us to open our doors wide in our general community. Our staff is sensitive to cultural impact, values and traditions.