LifePlanning® for Persons with Disabilities
The Melvin J. & Claire Levine LifePlanning® Program offers education, advocacy, consultation and emotional support to parents, siblings and caregivers of a family member with a disability. This program encourages and assists in planning for the future.
Alpert JFS is here to assist you in finding the resources your loved one with a disability may need, either within our agency or in the community. All LifePlanning® programs and services are free of charge and confidentiality is fully protected.
The LifePlanning® Program is a non-sectarian program which welcomes all faiths.
LifePlanning® offers a free workshop series open to the public, covering topics such as properly planning ahead for when you are no longer able to be a caregiver, attaining benefits and ensuring a quality of life for your family member, including socialization, recreation and vocational opportunities.
Upcoming Benefits Workshops in January 2020
Wednesday, January 15, 2020: Boynton Beach
Click HERE for Boynton Beach info and registration.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020: West Palm Beach
Click HERE for West Palm Beach info and registration.
2020 LifePlanning® Workshop Series Topics:
Benefits (SSDI, SSI, Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc.)
Legal Planning – Pooled Trust/Guardianship
Dating & Relationships
Medicaid and Home & Community Based Waivers
Life can often be overwhelming for parents, siblings and caregivers of a family member with a disability. Private consultations with a Master’s level social worker are available to discuss individual planning and support needs. Disabilities may include physical, intellectual, developmental, traumatic brain injuries and mental illness.
LifePlanning® is part of the Alpert JFS Jewish Disabilities Network (JDN), which is a collaborative initiative of Jewish agencies, organizations and synagogues working together to create an inclusive and embracing Jewish community for people with disabilities of all ages and their families.
Other Alpert JFS Programs Related to LifePlanning®:
- JDN Social Programming offers different programs for all ages, ranging from families with young children to adults with disabilities.
- Levine JRFS Residential Program, our cutting edge residential program provides a continuum of services for those who may be developmentally disabled, significantly learning disabled, and/or chronically mentally ill.
- Alpert JFS Pooled Trust allows persons with a disability to place income and/or assets that are over government benefit limit requirements for Medicaid into the trust, so that they can qualify for much-needed government benefits.
- Alpert JFS Guardianship Program manages the affairs of court mandated individuals who have been deemed unable to manage their own affairs.
- Alpert JFS Care Management Program consist of Alpert JFS credentialed professionals with extensive experience working with individuals with special needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a charge for this program?
No, this is a free program! The Mevin J. & Claire Levine LifePlanning Program is offered at no charge.
Is my confidentiality protected?
Yes. The individuals and families who are part of this program have their confidentiality protected. We do not publish names of attendees nor do we share contact or attendee information with any outside entities.
Do I have to be Jewish to participate in this program?
No! Our agency welcomes all faiths. We receive funding from various sources which allow us to open our doors wide in our general community. Our staff is sensitive to cultural impact, values and traditions.