Tax Strategies for Year-End Giving
As year-end approaches, many of you are thinking about strategies for your charitable giving.
Below are five simple ways for you to donate to Alpert JFS that are advantageous from a tax perspective. All five of these strategies can help you while also helping Alpert JFS. We encourage you to consult with your tax advisor or counsel for advice as you contemplate your philanthropic plans.
- Instead of giving cash, consider donating appreciated assets such as stock. This transfer will be tax-free; no capital gains will be due.
- Did you know that you may be able to donate up to $100,000 from your IRA tax-free? If you are over 70-1/2, you can make a tax-free distribution from your IRA directly to Alpert JFS.
- You may be able to lower your yearly income tax simply by making a cash gift to Alpert JFS; so long as your donation is postmarked by December 31st, your gift will be deductible.
- Consider doubling the impact of your donation with a matching gift from your employer.
- Why wait when you can act now? Instead of giving the same gift year after year, consider giving next year’s gift this year, also known as “bunching.” Accelerating your giving will allow you to take a larger tax deduction this year.
Please contact Kelley Whiter, J.D., Chief Development Officer, at (561) 713-1886 or [email protected] if you would like further information and/or have any questions.