Reward Yourself by Helping Others!
Volunteer and Get Paid.
Are you an older adult who would like to give back to the community?
Do you want to help seniors remain independent in their own homes?
Do you want to enhance the lives of seniors?
There are seniors living all around us that are having trouble getting to their doctor for their appointments, getting to the grocery store for food and they are becoming isolated and disengaged from our community.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE by providing them with transportation, socialization and friendship.
We provide ongoing training and support to our AmeriCorps volunteers to prepare them to serve and assist these seniors in need. By joining AmeriCorps you will become a part of a nationwide program of seniors helping seniors! AmeriCorps volunteers receive a monthly allowance, are reimbursed for their mileage & earn education rewards that are transferable to their family members.
What Our AmeriCorps Volunteers & Clients Are Saying
Click Below to View AmeriCorps Photo Gallery
Click Below to Read Our AmeriCorps Volunteer Stories
Volunteer and Get Great Benefits!
- Help seniors by enhancing their quality of life
- Benefit yourself by being active in body and mind
- Become a AmeriCorps volunteer for as few as 10 hours a week
- Receive complete orientation and ongoing training to ensure success
- Interact in small groups with people like yourself to exchange ideas
- Receive a monthly living allowance of $211.00 plus mileage reimbursement
- Earn educational awards (transferable to family) to lifelong learning opportunities at colleges and universities (over $1,500)
For more information, contact Nancy Frent at 561-684-1991.
Legacy Corps for Veterans and Military Families